Sometimes it's okay to be a follower! :)

Blogaholic Designs”=

I was featured!!!

Photobucket

All Things Thrifty


DIY under $5

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fabric tutu skirt

I saw this skirt on Pinterest and really loved it. I decided to try one for Audrey and I will make one for Gracey too. I think it turned out okay. I just need to get some cute socks to go over her boots and it will look cute and I will probably have her wear a different shirt with this skirt. Other than that, I think it turned out pretty cute. :)


I first cut my pieces. I actually doubled the fabric and cut the strips. I used about 30 strips for Audrey's skirt and I just measured the length from one of her other skirts that she wears.

I then tied a slip knot onto each strip of fabric

Then I slid it on the ribbon.

And tightened the slip knot. 

Then when I was done adding all of my strips to the ribbon, I just tied a bow on the side. 

My husband thinks this skirt is something you should use for a costume. Does this look too much like a pirate outfit when she is wearing it? I really want to know what you think, so please tell me! I was thinking of having her wear this for family pictures but if it looks too much like a costume, please tell me.

4 comments:

.Chrissy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE (love infinity) this skirt! It is so so cute! Wow! You did such a great job! I really love the fabric you used!

Jamie said...

I think the skirt is a real cute idea, but I can totally see Brandon's point of view as well. Maybe if it were different material it wouldn't look so much like a pirate costume. But, I love the idea and I am officially jealous of you. You are SO creative! But, my problem is I just don't have any desire to be that way. Bummer deal, but I do know I can run to two sisters now to help me out when I need some creative support

Anonymous said...

Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

Here is my site vigrx

Judy Brittain said...

Just finished making this skirt for great granddaughter. She wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. Turned out perfect.