Sometimes it's okay to be a follower! :)

I was featured!!!

Photobucket

All Things Thrifty

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fabric tutu skirt

I saw this skirt on Pinterest and really loved it. I decided to try one for Audrey and I will make one for Gracey too. I think it turned out okay. I just need to get some cute socks to go over her boots and it will look cute and I will probably have her wear a different shirt with this skirt. Other than that, I think it turned out pretty cute. :)


I first cut my pieces. I actually doubled the fabric and cut the strips. I used about 30 strips for Audrey's skirt and I just measured the length from one of her other skirts that she wears.

I then tied a slip knot onto each strip of fabric

Then I slid it on the ribbon.

And tightened the slip knot. 

Then when I was done adding all of my strips to the ribbon, I just tied a bow on the side. 

My husband thinks this skirt is something you should use for a costume. Does this look too much like a pirate outfit when she is wearing it? I really want to know what you think, so please tell me! I was thinking of having her wear this for family pictures but if it looks too much like a costume, please tell me.

3 comments:

.Chrissy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE (love infinity) this skirt! It is so so cute! Wow! You did such a great job! I really love the fabric you used!

Jamie said...

I think the skirt is a real cute idea, but I can totally see Brandon's point of view as well. Maybe if it were different material it wouldn't look so much like a pirate costume. But, I love the idea and I am officially jealous of you. You are SO creative! But, my problem is I just don't have any desire to be that way. Bummer deal, but I do know I can run to two sisters now to help me out when I need some creative support

Anonymous said...

Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

Here is my site vigrx