Sometimes it's okay to be a follower! :)

Blogaholic Designs”=

I was featured!!!

Photobucket

All Things Thrifty


DIY under $5

Friday, September 16, 2011

Homemade Play-doh

I found this play-doh recipe from Pinterest, and decided to make it for the other part of Audrey's friends birthday present. Audrey and Livy (my niece)  had a good time making them and playing with the left overs!


So anybody that knows me, knows that I really really really do not like play-doh. I really don't like the smell of it. I know there are some out there where you can add kool-aid and jello mixes to make it smell good but I just was not sure if it would stain their hands especially if they got their hands wet. I don't know, maybe not, but instead of doing it that way, I used this recipe and I  read somewhere to use cinnamon to drown out the yucky play-doh smell. The smell was definitely more tolerable after I added some cinnamon. I recommend doing that, unless you love the smell of play-doh. :)




******Just in: Apparently I don't know anything about how to store home made playdough. Please don't copy my version on how I did the playdough with putting it in plastic baggies. It kind of got moldy after a few days. Sorry about that. I know that I should have put them in an air tight container but I did not know you are supposed to store it in the fridge to prevent it from getting moldy.  I am so sorry, wish I knew this before!!******

1 comment:

.Chrissy said...

I bet Livvy LOVES hanging out with you and Kim!! You both always do such fun stuff when you have her over!